Macaroni and cheese is a dish that’s near and dear to our hearts. It’s simple, it’s easy to make, and it can be eaten as a meal on its own or as an addition to other dishes. And really, we love macaroni cheese so much that we’ll eat it any way you want us to! These dishes are some of our favorite ways to enjoy this comfort food classic. Here are the world’s best Mac and Cheese recipes.
Pecan-Smoked Bacon Mac & Cheese
This recipe uses smoked bacon, pecans and cheddar cheese. It’s made in a slow cooker and cooked on low for 3 hours. The finished product tastes like Thanksgiving!
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 onion chopped finely (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste) (optional add salt after cooking if desired)
- 1 can tomato sauce (10 oz.) or 2 cans diced tomatoes with juice, drained well
Buffalo Chicken Macaroni & Cheese
The recipe is easy to make and the ingredients are easy to find. You can make this macaroni and cheese in just a few minutes. It’s also good for parties and potlucks, as well as family dinners or dinner parties.
This Buffalo Chicken Macaroni & Cheese can be made with any type of chicken you’d like—white meat, dark meat or even thighs! If your preference is leaner than other types of poultry (like drumsticks), then try using boneless skinless breasts instead.
Cauliflower and Pancetta Mini Macs
This takes about 30 minutes to make, and it’s easy enough that kids can help. It also makes a great party dish—just set out a few on a tray or platter, then let people add their own toppings. You can freeze this for later use, so you don’t have to worry about making it all at once!
Sweet Potato and Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter
In this recipe, sweet potato gnocchi are topped with brown butter sage and ricotta cheese. The addition of peas and parsley gives it an interesting texture that you’ll love in every bite.
1 ½ pounds sweet potato gnocchi (about 2 cups)
¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus more for serving (optional) 1 /8 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil , divided into 2 parts Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until melted. Add sage leaves; cook until crispy but not burned, about 1 minute total. Using a slotted spoon or tongs transfer the leaves to paper towels to drain excess oil; set aside for later use on top of gnocchi as garnish if desired.
Season both sides with pepper and nutmeg ; set aside . Bring another pot large enough to accommodate all ingredients together; add remaining tablespoon butter along with cooked potatoes , stirring occasionally until smooth then add stock over medium heat stirring constantly until simmering then reduce heat slightly so that sauce simmers gently but steadily at low boil ; cook until potatoes are tender enough where they just start falling apart when fork pierces them easily – about 25 minutes total time depending upon size/weight etc.. Stir in salt & pepper then sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly across surface before serving immediately garnished with basil sprigs if desired !
Pasta Shells Stuffed with a Blend of Four Cheeses and Topped with Marinara Sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses
The Pasta Shells Stuffed with a Blend of Four Cheeses and Topped with Marinara Sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses are made from flour and water. This dish can be prepared in under 30 minutes by combining the ingredients together, then forming them into dough balls before dropping them into boiling water.
After cooking, remove your macaroni noodles from their cooking pot or pan using tongs and place on top of paper towels to allow excess moisture to evaporate before serving as an appetizer or side dish for any type of meal you’re planning on having tonight at home!
Fast Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
- Use a good quality cheese.
- Use a good quality pasta.
- A good quality milk.
- A good quality bacon (or turkey bacon if you prefer).
- Make sure you have the right kind of breadcrumbs in your breadcrumbs bin, not just any old stale pieces that are hard on the outside and mushy inside. The best kind are fresh ones from the grocery store—they’ll make all the difference in taste!
- Butter is always better than margarine when it comes to baking; olive oil can add flavor without adding calories or fat; garlic adds lots of flavor without being overpowering so long as you don’t overdo it.
Caprese Macaroni Salad
- Add tomatoes and basil to a medium saucepan.
- Add mozzarella, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper (2 teaspoons per 2 cups pasta).
- Add red pepper flakes if you like it spicy. You can also add oregano or garlic if you want to go that route!
Smoked Salmon Mac ‘n’ Cheese
If you’re looking for a mac and cheese recipe that will wow your guests, this smoked salmon version is the way to go.
While smoked salmon can be expensive, it’s easy to make your own at home by just buying some smoked salmon and letting it sit in the fridge until needed. It only takes about 15 minutes!
If you don’t have time or energy to make this dish from scratch, try substituting bacon instead of smoked salmon (bacon will add more saltiness). You can also add peas or broccoli florets if that sounds good for you! And don’t forget about other cheeses like cheddar or mozzarella; they will give this dish its creamy texture.
Mediterranean Macaroni and Cheese Bake
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni or rotini pasta (about 7 oz.)
- 8 oz. jarred tomato sauce (I like Goya brand) -or use homemade sauce below! -or use this recipe for a great variation of my favorite Italian tomato sauce. It’s very simple to make and tastes great with this dish!
Truffled Mushroom Carbonara Pasta Bake
This is a great option for those who don’t have time to cook from scratch. It’s also simple enough that you can make it ahead of time, which means you’ll have more time to spend with your loved ones.
- Perfect for creating a fast appetizer, heat and spread over toasted bread
- Creates a special pasta dish
- Simply heat in a sauce pan and serve
- Easy to use with entrees, pasta or top of on fish or meat
- Easy open can
To make the recipe, you’ll need:
- pasta (I used penne)
- truffle oil
- bacon slices
- cream cheese or ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese and butter/oil
We hope that you’ve enjoyed our list of the best mac and cheese recipes out there! If you have any other tips and tricks that we missed, let us know in the comments below.