How long does it take to cook Italian sausage? Italian sausage is a juicy and delicious meal that has become people’s favorite dish through the years. It is a combination of ground pork and other ingredients packed in an enclosed shell. Typically, Italian sausages are about 6 inches in length and are relatively easy to prepare and stored.
Cooking an Italian sausage can be an easy task with the right preparation and steps as they can be cooked using different methods. Let’s check out the ways it can be prepared as we proceed in this article.
How Can I Cook Italian Sausage?
The incredible versatility of Italian sausage makes it a handy ingredient in several households. It combines well with other food recipes and can also be enjoyed without adding it to other meals. There are several ways to prepare Italian sausage and this can be done in a few minutes with minimal effort. This includes cooking the sausage on the stovetop, on the grill, or in the oven. Let’s take a step-by-step look at these methods.
How To Cook Italian Sausage On Stove Top
- Place the sausage in a large pan and add a little amount of water to it.
- Allow the water to heat slowly at the boiling point.
- Cover it with a lid and allow to cook for a minimum of 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow the water to evaporate.
- Continue cooking and keep turning the sausage until they get nicely browned.
Note: Although it is optional, using a thermometer is a great way to get an optimal result as meat should reach an internal temperature of 150 to 156 degrees Fahrenheit.
How To Cook Italian Sausage On The Grill
- NEVER USE GAS OR CHARCOAL AGAIN: Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste. The Pro 575 takes it to the next level with precise temperature control
- CONNECTED HOME TECHNOLOGY: WiFIRE technology connects your grill to home WiFi and the Traeger app allows the user to control the grill from anywhere. Alexa technology allows you to do it all by voice
- VERSATILE BARBECUE COOKING: The Pro 575 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ all on the same grill. The Porcelain grill grates makes clean up a breeze
- THE MARKET LEADER IN PELLET GRILLS: The Traeger Pro Series is the best-selling pellet grill. The upgraded Pro 575 with D2 drivetrain starts quicker, heats up faster, and puts out better quality smoke
- BUILT FOR FAMILY COOKING: 575 sq in of grilling space that can accommodate twenty four burgers, five rib racks, or four chickens effortlessly. The built-in meat probe allows you to cook to perfection
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat between 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the sausage on the grill rack and close.
- Allow it to cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Turn the sausage at regular intervals until it gets brown uniformly.
- Ensure the sausage is at an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit by measuring it with a thermometer.
How To Cook Italian Sausage On The Oven
- Put the sausages on a baking sheet with a foiled inner layer.
- Place the wrapped sausages in the cold oven.
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow it to cook for 25-3o minutes while you frequently turn the sausage to make evenly browned.
- Measure with a thermometer to ensure it reaches 160 degrees at internal temperature.
Should I Pierce The Sausage Skin?
Poking some holes in the sausage skin is a common practice, particularly when using the grilling and oven method. This is usually to prevent the busting of juices that can mess up the oven or grill. However, we highly recommend not to pierce the skin as this practice usually makes the sausage less juicy. Also, Piercing the sausage skin erodes the importance of the typically closed shell which keeps the juicy content intact.
How Long Can I Store Italian Sausage?
By easily wrapping them with foil, you can store Italian sausages for up to 3-4 days without a problem if you cook them well. You can alternatively store them in an airtight container and easily reuse them by simply reheating them in a microwave.
How Can I Cook The Best Italian Sausage?
Cooking an Italian sausage is relatively simple but there are a few important things to look out for. We recommend buying a fresh sausage as it comes with more flavor. Cook them within two days or place in a refrigerator to preserve its freshness. Also, a thermometer should be purchased to ensure the meats are cooked at the required internal temperature.
With the above methods discussed in this article, Italian sausage can be prepared and enjoyed on its own or used with other fantastic food recipes.