Looking for the perfect commercial pizza dough recipe? Here are all the tips and tricks you need to create delicious, perfectly-risen pizza dough.
Whether you are a professional chef or an at-home pizza lover, creating the perfect commercial pizza dough requires careful attention to the main ingredients and techniques. A good commercial pizza dough recipe includes flour types and ratios, yeast amounts, salt and sugar levels, temperature controls, kneading methods, proofing times, baking temperatures, and toppings.
Ingredients for an Easy Commercial Pizza Dough Recipe
To start with your commercial pizza dough recipe, begin by selecting high-quality ingredients, such as:
- unbleached bread flour or all-purpose flour,
- active dry yeast (also known as instant yeast),
- fine sea salt,
- sugar, and
- olive oil or vegetable oil
-All-purpose flour: One of the main ingredients in a commercial pizza dough recipe, as it provides the necessary elasticity. You’ll need to use about 4 cups of all-purpose flour for 1 batch of homemade pizza dough.
-Yeast: Yeast helps the dough rise by causing gluten in the flour to form lattice structures that trap air bubbles. The best type of yeast is active dry yeast or instant yeast (also called rapid rise or quick rise), which work well and are available at most grocery stores.
-Salt: Salt helps to balance the flavor and inhibits the growth of certain types of yeast that can negatively impact fermentation. The recommended amount of salt is 1 to 3 teaspoons per cup (or 200 grams) of all-purpose flour.
-Water: Water is a liquid component for the ingredients to form a cohesive, pliable pizza dough. However, using too much water can make it difficult for gluten to form properly and will result in a tough texture once cooked. Most recipes call for between 1/2 and 2/3 cups (118 milliliters to 156 milliliters) of water per batch.
-Olive oil: Adding olive oil to the dough makes crust crispier and more flavorful. Use about 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) of olive oil for every 2 cups (400 grams) of all-purpose flour.
That should give you everything you need to start making delicious and easy commercial pizza dough at home! Good luck and happy cooking!
Feel free to include common tips for making a tasteful commercial pizza dough recipe by substituting part of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or using a different type of oil. Feel free to include your favorite pizza sauce recipe or toppings suggestions at the end of your post!
Making an Easy Commercial Pizza Dough
Making a delicious and easy commercial pizza dough recipe is not as hard as it seems. All you need are the right ingredients. In our case, we will use simple ingredients like flour, sugar, yeast, water, salt, and oil. You will also need a kitchen scale to measure the required quantities of each ingredient; this is crucial to get it right. You will also need an oven for baking or cooking on a stovetop. Whatever the case may be for your recipe preference, here’s how to get things started:
- First off, start by combining your flour and sugar in a large bowl (one that has enough room to contain all of your ingredients).
- Then, in a separate bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water – just enough to activate the yeast.
- Next, mix your yeast solution into the flour and sugar mixture.
- Once you have thoroughly combined all of these ingredients, add some salt and oil. Mix everything until it forms an evenly dense dough ball.
- Punch down the dough and split it up into equal-sized balls, following whatever size pizza you want to make (calzone, personal pizzas, or large sheet pans).
- Now comes the fun part! You can either bake or cook your pizza dough on a stovetop by forming it into a crust shape and following your recipe. Just make sure to bake/cook it till the end. And voila! You now have delicious pizza dough that’s easy to prepare at home!
That’s all there is to it. Now that you know how to make a delicious and easy commercial pizza dough recipe go and try it yourself!
Bulk pizza dough recipe
Looking for a quick and easy bulk pizza dough recipe that’s perfect for making a large batch of homemade pizza? Here are simple and versatile recipes with main pantry ingredients that you can customize to suit your tastes.
To make bulk pizza dough:
- Mix flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and olive oil in a large bowl or stand mixer until well combined.
- Gradually add warm water to the mixture while stirring or using the dough hook attachment on your mixer until you achieve a soft and slightly sticky dough.
- Once your bulk pizza dough is ready, divide it into individual portions and knead each by hand or with the dough hook attachment on your mixer until it is smooth and elastic.
- Then, let the dough rest for at least an hour before shaping it into your desired pizza crust. You can either roll out or stretch out each portion of dough to a desired thickness and shape or use a pre-made pizza sheet or pizza stone to form your crusts.
- Once your bulk pizza dough is shaped, top it with your favorite sauce and cheese, and bake in a preheated oven until golden brown and bubbly.
Whether making pizza at home for a family dinner or whipping up a large batch for your local pizzeria, this bulk pizza dough recipe will become a staple in your kitchen!
Restaurant pizza dough recipe
If you’re making restaurant-style pizza dough at home, here we go! This simple recipe uses only a few main ingredients and will yield the perfect pizza crust every time.
- Begin by mixing 1 cup warm water, 2 tsp sugar, and 1 tsp active dry yeast in a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Let this mixture stand for about 5 minutes until foamy and active.
- Then, mix 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands or the dough hook attachment on your stand mixer until it forms a soft, slightly sticky dough ball that pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead this dough for 8 minutes by hand or with the dough hook on medium speed, adding more flour as needed to get the right texture.
- Then allow your dough to rise at room temperature until doubled in size (about an hour).
- After rising, punch down the dough and divide it into two even balls. Roll each out into a round disk and let rest for 15 minutes covered in plastic wrap so they can puff up again.
- Preheat your oven to 475°F with a pizza stone if you have one, as this will help give you that perfect crispy crust.
- Roll out the disk on a lightly floured surface. If using a pizza stone, transfer the dough to the hot stone and bake until golden brown (about 8-12 minutes), rotating halfway through baking time. If not using a pizza stone, lay out your rolled dough on a lightly greased baking sheet or parchment paper and bake for the same amount of time.
- Finally, top off your pizza with any additional toppings that you’d like – options include pepperoni slices, sliced olives, cooked sausage or ground beef, or even pineapple chunks for a Hawaiian twist! Enjoy!
Best Toppings for Commercial Pizza Dough Recipe
Traditional red sauce made from quality canned tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
Fresh mozzarella cheese or high-quality shredded mozzarella.
Good options include premium pepperoni, prosciutto, Italian salami or ham, Canadian bacon, ground beef, or sausage. You can also use figs with prosciutto and gorgonzola cheese as a vegetarian option.
Load your pizza with fresh and roasted vegetables, including bell peppers, onions, portabella mushrooms, and broccoli. Or go wild and use fried eggplant or sautéed spinach for an extra flavor boost.
Fresh basil leaves are a must-have topping in commercial pizza dough recipes because they add so much flavor. You can also use rosemary on white pizzas. The flavors of sage and oregano won’t work if you plan to serve the pizza at room temperature later.
Top your pizza off with a generous pinch of Italian seasoning blend or red pepper flakes for an extra kick of spice.
Toppings are important for a great commercial pizza dough recipe, but the quality of the sauce and cheese is crucial. Look for high-quality canned tomatoes, preferably organic, and fresh mozzarella cheese whenever possible.
Why New York pizza tastes so good?
There are many factors that contribute to its unique flavor, including the type of dough and cheese, the ingredients, and the cooking style. However, what truly sets New York-style pizza apart is its light and airy texture – a result of thin crust, puffy cornicione, and light sauces and toppings. No other style of pizza has quite mastered this combination, which is why New York-style pizza is so popular around the world!
How can I make pizza dough that rivals restaurants?
To make restaurant-quality pizza dough, you’ll need to start by choosing the right type of flour. For pizza dough, use a combination of high and low-gluten flours for a nice chewy texture that is crisp on the outside. You can typically find these types of flour at your local grocery store or specialty baking supply shop.
Delicious and Easy Commercial Pizza Dough Recipes are one of the best ones. This dough is easy to make, and you won’t need to worry about expensive ingredients. It can be used for both thin-crust and thick-crust pizzas. In addition to that, the dough stays fresh for up to a week. That makes it perfect if you want to make several pizzas ahead of time. After you get used to it, you can create delicious pizza recipes that are perfect for entertaining.
Whether you like thin crust, stuffed crust, or deep pan pizza, these recipes will make the perfect base. If you are looking for a delicious and easy commercial pizza dough recipe, then you should give this a try. You won’t be disappointed!