Many home cooks have a love-hate relationship with food preparation. While it’s a fun part of the culinary experience, it can be time-consuming, tedious, and not to mention dangerous when it comes to the chopping! That’s especially no fun when the onions make your eyes well up with tears, and your fingers are on fire from handling jalapeno peppers. Why can’t it make a pico de gallo more enjoyable? That’s why someone invented the vegetable and fruit chopper.
What if we told you there was a simple solution to make chopping up vegetables and fruit easier, faster, and more enjoyable? With a vegetable and fruit chopper, food prep is simplified significantly. There are many benefits to gain with one of these tools, and you’ll find out more about them as you read on.
Top 12 Best Vegetable and Fruit Chopper Options
Now that you have a better understanding of what to consider when choosing a vegetable and fruit chopper, it’s time to go over some great options to choose from. We’ve hand-picked 12 different vegetable and fruit chopper options featuring a different manual and electric mechanisms, which would be totally awesome additions to any kitchen. We’re going to review these choppers and list off the pros and cons to help you narrow down your options.
Keep in mind. We’ve listed these in no particular order. The best chopper for you might be different from the best chopper for your neighbor! It all depends on personal preference and what you need to use the chopper for.
Pro Vegetable Chopper by Mueller Review
Mueller’s Pro Vegetable Chopper offers convenience and simplicity. You get a basic tool with two different dicing blades to chop your fruits or veggies. It’s compact and easy to bring around on outings and packed in a bag. Say goodbye to crying while chopping onions because this tool was made to help reduce onion vapors. While being made mainly for onion chopping doesn’t stop this chopper from being used with other vegetables. Here are some features to take note of:
- Heavy-duty, BPA free container with a 4 cup capacity
- 2 sharp stainless steel chopping and dicing attachments – suitable for fruits, veggies, and cheeses
- This chopper is dishwasher safe
- A cleaning brush is provided to help make cleaning a breeze
- You get a lifetime warranty as well as customer live support over the phone
- Access to the Mueller recipe ebook
- The best thing about this chopper has to be the lifetime warranty, so if anything happens to your chopper, you can get the help you need.
- Since there are only two blades to choose from, it makes storage and keeping track of attachments easy
- The cleaning brush helps a lot with getting food out from in between the blades when hand-washing
- You’re able to place this chopper on the top rack of your dishwasher with no problems
- Construction is sturdy and durable
- A container capacity of 4 cups is a lot of room to store chopped food
- You can only cut into dices since there aren’t other types of blades to choose from
Ninja Express Chop Review
The Ninja Express Chop is the first electric vegetable and fruit chopper we’ll be reviewing. This chopper is a nice, hand-held size made to mince, chop, grind, and blend up to 16 ounces of food. Essentially, this is a chopper and blender hybrid tool that can help the kitchen. Here is a breakdown of the product offerings below:
- Up to 200 watts in the power pod to chop, blend, mince, and puree your ingredients
- A one-touch pulsing mechanism that’s easy to use
- Ergonomic design to have a nice fit in your hand
- A splash guard is provided to keep food from getting stuck onto the power pod motor
- This guard can also be used as a storage lid
- 16-ounce capacity container
- The pieces apart from the power pod are top-rack dishwasher safe
- Thanks to its size, this chopper is easy to store
- Being powered by electricity, it requires no manual labor on your end
- You can wash the parts in the dishwasher for your convenience
- An ergonomic design helps make this chopper easy to use and handle
- You can chop food ahead of time and store it for later with the splash guard
- A common complaint is that food gets stuck in hard to reach places in the power pod’s gear
- Being electrically dependent, it’s not as portable and can get noisy
Vegetable Chopper Dicer Slicer Cutter by LOVKITCHEN Review
The Vegetable Chopper Dicer Slicer Cutter by LOVKITCHEN features a lid-press mechanism that makes chopping extremely easy. You get over 12 different blade attachments and tools to choose from to get your meal prep needs taken care of. The different blades, attachments,& features include:
- 2 different graters
- Coarse grater for shredding cheeses
- Fine grater for ginger or garlic
- Julienne blade
- 4 different sized dicers
- Small dicer
- Medium dicer
- 4 equal size dicer
- 8 equal size dicer
- A blade to chop food into sticks or potatoes into fries
- Plate & cone to help get the juice out of citrus fruits
- Egg yolk and white separator
- Hard-boiled egg slicer
- Safety protector to place food in while you grate to protect your hand
- Large, transparent container to catch food
- Two different plate holders
- This tool is extremely versatile since it can chop, dice, slice, grate, and more
- There are other tools to take care of food prep tasks outside of cutting, providing even more versatility depending on your kitchen needs
- You can store and organize all the tools inside of the large container for convenience
- The safety protector tool prevents you from hurting your hand when grating and slicing
- Stainless steel blades are very sharp to ensure a clean chopping experience
- Plastic is reinforced to ensure long-lasting durability
- It’s not dishwasher safe, which may be inconvenient
- The container that catches the food is fragile, so you’ll need to take extra care
Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper Review
The Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper is, as the name suggests, a pull chopper that chops with ease. It’s best used for salads, salsas, boneless meat, guacamole, pestos, and more. The size of the chops can be changed depending on how many pulls you make. More pulls mean smaller chops. Another great feature this chopper has is a mixer blade to help mix ingredients together. Notable features of this tool include the following:
- Large 4-cup capacity, BPA free container
- Stainless steel blade chopper with 3 large blades to chop and mince
- Mixer blade to mix and blend ingredients
- Soft-grip lid for comfort
- The grip on the container’s base, so it doesn’t slide around as you pull the cord
- All pieces are top-rack dishwasher safe
- Access to 3 Brieftons recipe e-books
- It’s dishwasher safe so you don’t have to clean the chopper by hand
- You get to place all ingredients for your recipe inside
- You get to make recipes from the e-books provided – free of cost!
- Hands are kept away from the blades when chopping
- Kids can use this chopper safely under adult supervision
- You don’t get to choose what kind of chop your food comes out with
Fullstar Mandoline Slicer Dicer Vegetable and Fruit Chopper Review
The Fullstar Mandoline vegetable chopper offers an all-in-one solution by taking care of dicing, spiraling, slicing, grating, and julienning. This chopper and mandolin slicer has 7 blade attachments to take care of several tasks in the kitchen. Fullstar even includes a safety glove for you to wear to ensure that you don’t get injured while using their tool. The following is a list of this chopper’s main features:
- Use this chopper and slicer in 7 different ways thanks to the interchangeable blades
- A BPA free 1.2-quart container catches the fruits and/or veggies you chop for convenience
- The tool is dishwasher safe for the top rack
- Blades are made of sharp, stainless steel that isn’t prone to rust
- The bottom of the container has rubber, non-skid grips to prevent slipping while using the tool
- A Fullstar safety glove is included, so you don’t hurt your hand while slicing and grating
- The safety glove is a great add-on to keep your hand safe from injury.
- Being able to choose from 7 types of blades allows you to choose the right type of chop for any situation.
- A 1.2-quart container is large and can hold a good amount of chopped veggies
- Being dishwasher safe makes cleaning much easier
- Some people may not like the safety glove provided with this chopper
Chef’n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper Review
You can find the Chef’n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper in two different colors: Arugula and Cherry. This is another chopper powered by the pull & spin mechanism of chopping. It’s perfect for making fruit salads, vegetable salads, and even chopping meat. At the same time, it offers the ability to chop food into large or small pieces depending on how many times the cord is pulled. Let’s review some more of what this chopper offers:
- Twist and lock lid with a pull-cord
- The parts are top-rack dishwasher safe
- The chopping container has a 3 cup capacity
- Chopping blades made sharp to ensure clean chops
- It also includes a sealing lid to store ingredients that you’ve chopped but need to store away
- This chopper is a cute, small size that makes it easy to store
- Being dishwasher safe helps with clean up after use
- It’s effortless and doesn’t include add-ons that you may forget about or lose
- You can chop veggies and fruit ahead of time and store in the fridge thanks to the sealing lid
- While the small size is convenient, it limits the amount of food you can chop in the container
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Food Chopper Review
Cuisinart is a popular kitchen brand name, and they’re the creators of the next chopper we’ll be going over. This hand-held tool features a push-chop mechanism and is constructed with a stainless steel housing. It’s ideal for veggies, cheese, garlic, herbs, and nuts. You get a limited lifetime warranty as well. The following is a quick overview of the product:
- Stainless steel blades and housing
- It’s dishwasher safe to clean food off easily
- Grip band to keep from sliding while you push on the chopper
- You can chop on the included base or your cutting board
- Blades turn while chopping to ensure all pieces get chopped nicely
- Limited lifetime warranty
- The push-chop mechanism is simple and keeps hands away from the blades
- You can pop this chopper in the dishwasher for cleaning
- A limited lifetime warranty is always a great thing to have, no matter what the product is
- You don’t need to use your cutting board thanks to the included base
- Because you can’t open the chopper up to expose the blades, food can get stuck, and you’ll need to take extra care when cleaning
- It can be tough to hand wash this tool if you don’t have a dishwasher
Fullstar Vegetable Chopper Spiralizer Dicer Slicer Pro Review
The Fullstar Vegetable Chopper Spiralizer Dicer Slicer Pro is another extremely versatile kitchen tool that will have your knives trembling in fear. A cool thing about this chopping system is that you can dice, wedge, and cube two different fruits or veggies simultaneously via the dual cutting unit. In all, you get 8 different functions with this tool. The mentionable features include:
- A dual spiral cutting unit
- Small-sized dicer
- Medium-sized dicer
- Quad dicer
- 0.12 inch Slicer
- A cleaning tool to get into crevices with ease
- Spiral cutter finger guard for your protection
- A large container to house the chopped ingredients in
- 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the product
- You also get a one-year hassle-free warranty
- The number of options you have with this chopper is great and can handle pretty much all of your shopping needs
- You can try this product out for 30 days and get your money back if you’re not happy
- The finger guard is great for safety reasons
- A 1-year warranty is great just in case you have any problems with your chopper
- You have the ability to chop more than one vegetable or fruit simultaneously
- The container is large, so it can contain all the ingredients you need in one container
- It isn’t dishwasher safe, so you will have to hand-wash it
- Being quite large, it may be inconvenient in terms of storage
Black+Decker 1.5 Cup Electric Food Chopper Review
You can chop and slice fruits and vegetables with ease using the Black+Decker 1.5 Cup Electric Food Chopper. Chopping and slicing are done with a button’s press, making it fast, safe, and easy. You can make salsas, dips, and chop herbs perfectly with it. Now we’ll continue by listing the product features:
- You get up to 120 volts of power for chopping
- 1.5 cup capacity container
- Twist and lock safety lid
- One-touch button operation system
- Bi-level stainless steel blade design
- Removable parts are all dishwasher safe
- A cord wrap has been integrated to simplify cord storage
- The design is compact and space-saving
- The 2-year limited warranty is also included
- Thanks to its small size, you can save space with this vegetable chopper
- A button operation is easy to use, even for kids
- Cleaning is a breeze since the removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Integrated cord storage makes the cord no problem to deal with in terms of storage
- The 2-year limited warranty is great to receive support whenever you have a problem with the chopper
- The small capacity may not be desirable if you wish to chop more at one time
- You must have an electrical source in order to operate this machine
Momugs 8 Cup Food Processor Review
Chop as much as 8 cups of fruits and/or veggies with this big, hand-powered food processor. The Momugs Food Processor features a hand crank mechanism where you turn the handle to chop your ingredients. It’s easy to use and can handle all sorts of uses such as chopping veggies, making baby food, sauces, guacamole, fruit salads, and more. Notable features are:
- Super big 8 cup container to place your fruits or veggies in
- Manual hand crank connected to the 3 sharp, stainless steel blades that chop inside the container
- It comes with a base with suctions to keep the container stable on your counter or table
- There is also an attachment for mixing batters and sauces
- A twist-lock lid to stay secure as you twist the handle
- The large container allows for a lot of veggies, fruit, or meat to be chopped or minced at one time
- A hand-crank mechanism removes the need for electricity
- You can make a lot of different recipes using this tool thanks to the blade and mixer attachments
- It’s easy to control how big or small you want your ingredients
- Its enormous size can be difficult for storage
- You don’t get to choose what style of chop your ingredients come out with
Zyliss Zick-Zack Classic Food Chopper Review
Another push-chop vegetable and fruit chopping tool are the Zyliss Zick-Zack Classic Food Chopper. It’s a fundamental and affordable tool that can handle your basic chopping needs. Being hand-held with a handle lockdown, you can store it in a cabinet or drawer with no problems. Let’s review what this chopper has in store:
- It comes with a high-quality stainless steel blade in a zig-zag formation to get full coverage of your fruit or vegetable
- The blades rotate as you push to chop to ensure nice, even chops
- You can lock the handle to store the chopper in your kitchen safely
- A storage cup and lid are provided to ensure food stays fresh after chopping
- Parts are removable better to expose the blades for a more thorough cleaning
- Dishwasher safe to make cleaning easier
- If you don’t chop a lot for your meal preps, then this is a great tool that is simple and not too extravagant to get the job done
- It doesn’t take up too much space in terms of storage
- You can use the storage cup to keep chopped food fresh
- It’s the most affordable chopper we have on this list
- You can’t chop too much at one time since the chopping “container” has a fairly small diameter
- The blades can be a bit difficult to clean if you don’t have a dishwasher
Multipurpose Kitchen Cutter Set by Gourmia Review
With 7 different, interchangeable blades to choose from, the Gourmia Multipurpose Kitchen Cutter Set can do a lot. You can slice, chop, grate, and store veggies, fruits, meats, and cheeses with this tool. Gourmia guarantees that they provide a durable build that will last you a long time. Here we will reveal the other features you can find with this tool:
- Small-sized dicer
- Medium-sized dicer
- Straight, rectangular dicer
- Traditional slicer
- Julienne slicer
- Convertible lid cover – interchangeable board for blades
- A safety holder for food as you slice
- Lid for storage to keep food fresh
- You can take care of many different kitchen tasks with 7 interchangeable blades
- Chopping and food prep ahead of time is possible with the container and storage lid
- The product is easy to assemble and disassemble for easy cleaning and blade changing
- It’s a little bit smaller than some of the other lid-press type choppers we’ve mentioned, making it better for smaller kitchens with less counter space
- A handguard is useful for minimizing risk while slicing
- You can store the blades inside of the container when you’re not using the chopper
- The product doesn’t mention whether or not it’s dishwasher safe, so it may need to be hand-washed after every use
Why Should I Buy a Vegetable and Fruit Chopper?
When it comes to kitchen equipment, we’ve seen many great inventions establish their well-deserved place in the crew. Among hand mixers, blenders, slow cookers, and all other kitchen tools and appliances you may have, a vegetable and fruit chopper also deserves a special place in your kitchen.
A vegetable and fruit chopper is the kind of tool that’ll be used frequently, especially if you eat and make most of your meals at home. Chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing are a necessity in meal preparations. Since we usually use knives to perform these tasks, it leaves us vulnerable to injuries on our hands and wrists, not to mention that it’s a lot slower this way. With one of these handy chopping tools, you can avoid kitchen accidents and save time.
Benefits of Using a Fruit and Veggie Chopper
Apart from having a super-cool kitchen tool that all your friends will want, there are several other benefits granted to you when you own a fruit and veggie chopper. Let’s go over them briefly:
- You get to save time since chopping, slicing, and dicing can get done faster.
- Veggie and fruit chopping machines are safer to use since you don’t need to cut the food with a hand-held knife.
- Avoid eye and hand irritation from foods like onions, chili peppers, garlic, citrus, etc.
- There are a wide variety of choppers available, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- When they are old enough (also depending on the vegetable chopper), your kid(s) can use it to help you with food preparation. Of course, this would need to be done under your supervision.
- It can help incentivize you to include a wider variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- You can use a vegetable and fruit chopper for other foods like nuts, herbs, and even candy.
- It’s also a pretty fun tool to use once you get the hang of it!
What to Consider Before Buying a Vegetable and Fruit Chopper
Choosing a vegetable and fruit chopper isn’t a decision that should be taken lightly. You need to consider that it’s a tool that’ll be used frequently, meaning that it will need to be durable enough to withstand use over a long period of time. The quality of the chopper is essential in this case. Two important quality standards you should have are:
- Stainless steel blades to prevent rusting and corrosion.
- A durable plastic material that is BPA and toxin-free.
The most important thing to keep in mind is safety, especially if you plan on using the chopper with your child during meal preps. Supervision is necessary 100% of the time when using them with children. Blades on these tools are made to be extremely sharp so that they can get through tough veggies like potatoes and carrots. You always want to make sure that your chopper comes with non-slip grips and guards for hands & fingers as well.
Manual or Electric?
Choosing between a manual or electric veggie chopper will depend on your personal preference.
Manual Fruit and Vegetable Chopper
The benefit of manual choppers is that they don’t require electricity. This makes them more portable for use outdoors and when traveling. Manual choppers are also easier to clean since you don’t need to worry about electrical components getting wet. They’re also quiet in comparison to electric choppers.
Electric Fruit and Vegetable Chopper
Electric choppers, or food processors, are quicker and can typically chop more food and different types of food simultaneously. The downside is that you need to be careful not to get the electrical components wet, and it can be a bit noisy. Nonetheless, food processors are extremely convenient and easy to use compared to chopping with a knife.
Different kinds of choppers feature different types of chopping mechanisms. To simplify, the main mechanism designs that you’ll find are as follows:
Many manual choppers feature a pressing mechanism where you press a lid down onto the veggie or fruit to chop it. The container beneath catches the food for convenience. These choppers feature removable and multiple blade types to choose from for versatility. An example of this is the Lovkitchen vegetable chopper.
- Pull cord or handle mechanism – other types of manual choppers may feature a manual pull cord or handle to spin blades in a bowl-like container. This is a safe option that keeps hands away from blades. A pull-cord mechanism example on our list would be the Chef’n VeggiChop, while a turn-handle is featured on the Momugs 8 Cup food processor.
- Push-chop mechanism – the manual push-chop mechanism is another one you’ll find. You can place the fruits or veggies on a cutting board or chopping area, place the chopper over them, then push on the top to move the chopper up & down. This fun mechanism results in chopped fruits or veggies. The Zyliss Zick-Zack is an example of this chopping mechanism type.
- Rotary electrical mechanism – electric food processors all have the same general design and mechanism. They feature a blender-like set up where you place the fruits or veggies inside. Then you press a button to turn it on and chop the food to your liking. Some food processors feature more settings and different blade types to suit your needs.
Conclusion: The Best Vegetable and Fruit Chopper
Now that we’ve shared with you, in our opinion, the best vegetable and fruit choppers on the market, which one do you like the most? We made sure to include various styles and chopping mechanisms so you can get a taste for what’s available. Make sure to consider what you’re going to be using your chopper for so you don’t end up getting a decked out chopper with add-ons you won’t even be using!
As far as choosing one particular vegetable chopper model, we can’t really recommend one fit-all product, seeing how they differ a lot in their usage and functionality. For example, a press mechanism slicer recommendation might not be useful if they want a rotary-mechanism vegetable chopper. With that said, all the products on our list are reliable and are one of, if not the best, vegetable choppers of their respective type.
We really hope you found our guide and reviews useful in making your decision. As we said, it’s a decision that you need to think about since this tool will be your new partner in crime. Hopefully, your chef knife doesn’t have hard feelings about it, but that’ll have to be taken care of on your own terms!